- Across England and Wales, almost half (43%) of all private rental sector properties (both houses and flats) fall within Dataloft's definition of suburban areas, 41% urban and 16% rural.
- Suburban renters are more likely to live in houses (58%) than urban renters (32%). As an overall proportion of the private rental sector, suburban houses (single family housing), currently represent 25%.
- The proportion of suburban houses varies greatly between regions. London has the lowest proportion, 6%, and the East Midlands has the highest, 37%.
- Suburban renters differ to urban renters, they are more likely to be families (27%) than urban renters (20%). They are generally older than urban renters and are less likely to work in tech, media, finance and professional services (30%) than urban renters (42%).
- In Bromley 14.9% of the population live in privately rented accomodation whilst 16% live in socially rented properties. Source: Dataloft Rental Market Analytics
If you're looking to sell or let your property in Bromley or surrounding areas please give our team for friendly advice 020 8467 8304 firstname.lastname@example.org