Criteria for renting a property
Applicants must have the Right to Rent in the UK. We will require to see original proof of ID such as Passport, Driver's License, Visa, Recent Utility Bills/Bank Statements.
Applicants must have a good credit history. We are unable to accept applicants with CCJ's, IVA's or have been declared Bankrupt
Applicants we will need a positive landlord reference (where applicable) confirming that they have conducted their current tenancy satisfactorily and paid the rent on time
You must have an Annual Household Gross Income of at least 30 x the monthly rent. (i.e. Rent £1000 pcm = Annual Household Gross Income of £30,000). Income can consist of basic salary, benefits, pension
All applicants over the age of 18 will have to be referenced
A security deposit of 5 weeks rent plus first the months' rent must be paid in cleared funds prior to tenancy commencing
These particular are set out as a general outline only for guidance and do not constitute any part of an offer or contract. Intending tenants should not rely on them as statements of presentation of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to their accuracy. No person employed by this company has tested any included equipment and can give no authority to make any representation or warranty in respect of the property.
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
1. the rent;
2. a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over
£50,000 per year;
3. a holding deposit of no more than one weeks' rent;
4. default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
5. reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
6. payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
7. payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
8. payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
David James Letting & Property Management are members of The Property Ombudsman (TPO) redress scheme. We abide by the TPO code of conduct.
We are members of SAFEAGENT and have Client Money Protection Insurance(CMP) provided via SAFEAGENT/NALS.